Wed. Aug 21st, 2019

Kansas Daily News

Latest Sports, Politics and Business News in Kansas

Healthcare Facility Releases Statement Following Alleged Rape of a 91-Year-Old

2 min read

Healthcare Facility Releases Statement Following Alleged Rape of a 91-Year-Old

Disturbing news comes from Kansas’ largest city, Wichita. The Wichita police are currently conducting an investigation, as a 91-year-old woman called in to report being raped at an assisted living facility on the city’s west side.

The Midwestern United States was home to an unsettling phone call. Police officers received a call at around 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday. The call came from Sandpiper Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center in the 5800 block of North 8th Street, north of Central and I-235. At this time, the police decided against sharing any information with the local press. The only thing we could find out is that the woman in question stated someone sexually assaulted her and that the police sent her to a hospital.

The name of the woman remains unknown due to her privacy and safety concerns. The police are yet to announce any arrests. While the investigation is in progress, the police will come out with no further information.

Danielle Reicks, the administrator of the healthcare facility, released a statement on Thursday regarding the situation in question.

In the statement, Reicks underlines that the staff at Sandpiper Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center do their utmost to make sure every single one of their residents receives exceptional care. They work relentlessly to make sure to meet individual residents’ needs. Therefore, the facility will take any allegation of abuse (or suspicion of it) of its resident seriously. They will follow all the state rules and federal regulations regarding their actions about such allegations.

On the evening of May 15, Reicks stated that another female resident told her about the abuse allegation. The facility made sure the safety of the residents was out of the question and then they opened up an investigation. Reicks added that they followed regulations, which require them to contact the police. The facility is working closely with law enforcement to make sure they promptly resolve this incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *